Check this out! The first of my "secret" fiction project is finished! I was writing to get to the end today and I didn't know if it was going to happen. Between fighting off this cold (persistent symptoms that led to a two hour nap this evening) and helping to search for a receptionist candidate at one of my offices, I didn't know if this was going to get done. However, I dug in my heels at about 10 pm tonight and committed to doing it.
It is finished! This project is definitely what one would call a novelette or a novella. Currently, the word count for it is around 16 500 words. I took a diversion for a few days when I forgot my MacBook Pro for a few days earlier this month and started a separate story. The plan is to resume where I left off with the other story tomorrow. Regardless, I am happy with my work output. By my estimate, in 14 days, I was able to produce a total of 10 000 words of fiction. that's about 714 words per day. While not impressive by every writer's standards, it is a consistent output of every day effort and of that, I am truly proud.
Starting Word Count: 17 596
Ending Word Count: 18 319
Daily Word Count: 723